How do handle a PIP

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by anonymous, Feb 4, 2018 at 12:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t care what my rep thinks. You better do every single detail on that PIP or I will fire your ass!!!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yeah, right! And I’ll call you after every call for your critique that means so much for my development.

This is just sarcastic, but don’t think there aren’t idiots who do this. I had one that I’m sure would say this to a rep, pip or not. He was one of the most incompetent managers I ever had in my 15 yrs. in this wonderful company. He did many other idiotic things to compensate for his shortcomings....and there were MANY! Glad I moved on.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hear! Hear! My fine man...Hear! Hear!
    PiP PiP Hooray! PiP PiP Hooray!
    The chant brings joy to my unbridled heart.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

DM's are not in sales anymore just like a baseball coach does not play anymore. Most have been and took a promotion to take a break from customers and maybe get on a different career path. It's a tough choice dealing with customers or reps :). There's plenty of DM's that stink and yes they have tons of admin etc which is different from a sales job but try it - its not easy and a ton of hours. Again most reps a PIP'ed because of bad behaviour not numbers. They dont have the time to go thru all that as a vendetta.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My :) DM fired me :)

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Yanny...Yanny...Yanny”

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't kid yourself, there are a few managers who get off on PIP-ing reps who threaten their fragile egos. They're sadistic and love to inflict pain. A very pathetic side of this industry.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is the bottom line...You have some incredible egos in this industry. There is a Borg collective where every ones brain merges into the same group think. If you deviate from this, you are branded a trouble maker with bad "selling behavior". This is true regardless if you're a very $hitty rep, and also if you're a trip winner and unless you're protected by a higher authority.There are very few exceptions to this. Even when analyzing selling behaviors, its very subjective.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I believe the point of the article was to say that even your GOOD reps don’t see a lot of value in what you do. Long hours, paperwork, and conference calls are what you chose when becoming a DM and are why you get the big bucks. As far as dealing with customers vs dealing with reps, there is no comparison. I WISH I could fire my customers when they don’t listen to me!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So True! When someone doesn't agree with the politically driven decisions here, the assumption is made that that individual must not be a performer or is a problem rep.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Get a mouthpiece who can secure a severance plan. This is most important, since your prediction of not having a job at 90 days will be quite accurate. Do not, in any way, be deluded by the hope that if you do not raise any racket, you may be lucky enough to keep your job. You have been selected as someone who will go quietly into the night. Don't be that person. There is massive life after PFE. Lots of folks think they have it made once they get on with Pfizer, but it is a veritable noose.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is such a pile of horse shit. Reps are such a pretentious bunch of con men with these puny, pathetic gambits that us licensed providers can't wait for them to spew, so we can humiliate them in front of our whole crew. Pretending like they know more about healthcare than we do. If you're smart, just bring along the physician whore and stick to introductions only. There are no sales. If a product is reasonable, it sells itself. I'm not clear why pharma has operated as it has since 2003. I guess dreams and delusions die hard.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Perhaps if you said something worth listening to other than our marketing bullshit, they might listen, Dumbo.
    Your customers would like to fire you.