IPAD Tracking

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2013 at 8:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, signal jammers do not work on a company product.
    The reports could zero in on the address location/building.
    Airplane mode is not going to help you. Go into location services and drill down. You will see how much crap is running.
    If you are working 8 hours every day, you have nothing to worry about.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WTF? Why is there always one assho** that has to say "You have nothing to worry about if....."? How do you know what to worry about? Does big pharma come and ask you what is right or wrong?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Still, there are some reps better than others. When I started in pharma, over a decade ago with a new product launch, I made a difference in the territory.

The numbers didn't lie in that product launch, because there was no coverage for the product, and I did more than the others in the district (evening events, personal events with the doctors, and simply working an 8-6 day, everyday).

So, while what you say is maybe 50% accurate, the other 50% is bs.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do you find all the places references? location services and airplane mode, etc
    Thanks--- highly doubt I'd ever risk it, but curious just the same

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am so happy that I spent my 15 years in pharma prior to this. Started when it was paper sampling, then handheld last few years. I went in to sales for the flexibility. If I had wanted 8-5 I would have had a different career. I was always successful. Worked like hell when I needed to and slacked off when I could. Does that make me a loser? No, it makes me a sales rep. Before all of the negative comments start, my point is that I chose sales for the freedom it allowed. Almost always able to drop off, pick up kids from school, take my parents to drs appointments, and spend time at bedside during their last days. Do you REALLY think that calls & signatures mattered more than family?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

YES!!!! That is what this game is supposed to be. I often did paperwork and reports (stacks of the stinking things) in the evenings or on weekends to have the flexibility for family during the week. Of course I made my calls and brought in the sales above quota. I'm afraid those days are gone now because of company and manager greed, and because of the lawsuits some reps brought about working too many hours.

It's really amazing because I worked MORE hours and was MORE motivated the old way. I cared. Now it's just a game chasing signatures to show a young, athlete, wanna climb the corporate ladder manager the time stamp he wants. This doesn't bring value to my customers and they know we're there for their signature. I used to spend time with them. Now I just gather the signature and time stamp and drive. Go get 'em slugger manager. You suck.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Excellent posting...I come from the same era...it was a nice, elegant job...we all worked hard when we needed to, and took the time to re charge when we needed to...Sales is a burnout out job...unless you pace yourself you burnout fast...

I sort of feel bad for the people that are still stuck in it now...being tracked like fugitives...creepy if you ask me...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone actually ever been caught being somewhere else based on tracking evidence? And if so, was this a one time thing (meaning you did it once/few times and they regularly check and u got caught)? Or was it a situation where they were investigating u in general and u got caught?

Lots of tracking questions, but never actually heard of anyone getting in trouble....

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No it has never happened. This is just a rumor management makes up to keep the lazy/stupid asses worried. It works real well and costs nothing.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Companies have access to the data of where you are but they rarely look at it I believe. Your manager might need "reasons" to have access to this data. It might not be that easy otherwise.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The best way to over ride tracking is as follows:

Power on when you are at Doc Office
    Detail
    Go to Parking Lot and Power Down

Drive to next call

Repeat

No tracking...when power is off..Uh "Manager I was saving my battery life"

12. Walking Eagle

Walking Eagle Active Member

That would be great advice if it worked. iPAD is basically always on and always tracking even when powered down.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep, always on unless it's dead. You cannot disable pharma tracking of IPads. Not even by turning OFF Location services. Sorry. My manager did say that only HR has the tracking info and they absolutely do use it when needed to show some idiot rep is faking calls or not working. So, if your manager is on to you, you are pretty much screwed. Once HR is contacted they WILL run the software and find exactly where you were for weeks on end and line it up with your calls.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe if you turn off location services or shut down not hybernate the IPAD your location cannot be found. I believe this since my company is always reminding reps that company policy is to always have location services on. If location services did not have to be on to be tracked why would the company push it?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally incorrect. You can turn off location services and totally shut it down...and it still is pinging a signal. Once the iPad is started back up it takes about 12 seconds and it reboots all data.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I said that like back up several posts ago but no one listens. So, folks, you CANNOT make it so that your IPAD won't track you. Get it? Everywhere you go that little "toy" can pinpoint probably within 20 ft your exact location. So, if you're 200 ft from the building and you do not go in, the IPAD knows! You folks need to look up some of the shit these companies put on the IPAD. It is amazing. All it takes is one call to HR from a boss or a backstabbing teammate and HR will run the data and match it with your call record, your gas and toll record and catch you in a lie. Just go and do your job regardless of access. I know we all fake calls but you at least have to get out of your car and go in the building and try. That is what you are paid to do and why you are supposed to be able to suck up rejection.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So why does a company insist on keeping location on instead of off?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So you think you have some control over the tracking is one thought. Another reason could be the ability to find the IPAD and shut it down if you lose it. While, the tracking software can find the IPAD location it probably cannot control IPAD functions. You need "location services" to have the whole thing talk back and forth to the mother ship with ease. I think this explains some of it. Just keep in mind that our IPADS are not commercial. They are private corporate property and if you dig into your software you will see a number of tracking programs independent of "location services." These are all 'greyed' out so you cannot adjust them or turn them off.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4995

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone really believe that these douche bags would be able to get accurate tracking data on anyone? Do you really think they want to or care to? No, no, and no. The real money in this business is made at very high levels and decisions are made about sales people generally. They do not give a rats ass if one or ten or 36 reps are home at 3:45 or at a strip club at 12 noon. They would NEVER give a regional sales director or district manager the kind of power that would allow them to,track their reps IPADS. Now the dumb sickos in middle and lower management would piss with delight with that prospect but it will NEVER happen.
    So, I would not worry, we have enough other BS to keep us in tension and fear most of the time but this IPAD thing is not one of them.
    Sadly, nowadays, most reps that I know get out of the field early to do admin, myself included. I would gladly call on customers all day instead of spending a larger chunk of my week doing admin.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone provide some info on anyone who was caught doing something they weren't supposed to be doing through iPad tracking. I have no doubt they can track us, but never heard of anyone actually getting in trouble that way.