KAMs

Discussion in 'Alkermes' started by anonymous, Dec 7, 2021 at 11:32 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do you trust your KAM?
    Me: Calculating how far I can throw him.
    Wondering if I can throw him back
    Into Michigan.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We are lucky in Texas. Haven't had a KAM here in 2 years

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet he still did more than amy kam in the Southeast, lol. The ones here are a joke. Love to see what they actually claim they do to corporate. Absolute waste.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've always heard Texas grows 'em big. That seems to be true, because you're a huge lying sack of excrement. Your past 2 KAMs set a bar higher than you will every be able to surpass. If you can't meet your objectives, you might try looking in mirror before you case blame somewhere else.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dear Sales Gods ragging on KAMs....you’d be doing the exact same thing they are if you had the job. Good TBMs who were told an heroic story about how critical the role was to the growth of the company, so they took a chance on the next step. But the reality...

Too many KAMs + not enough legit work + soft metrics = The Claim Game. Won’t get better until part...or all...of that equation changes. It’s not your KAMs fault and you’d do the exact same thing....or you’d get fired.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

just curious….what does the average kam make????

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

KAM position is associate director level so here is what they make:
    Base pay - $165k to 195k
    Restricted Stock units- $40 to 55k a year
    Target Bonus - $70k a year (soft subjective metrics which are laughable)

They are fully protected by GA and although they are the laughing stock of the company the curtain won't be pulled back on then until a strong leader comes in and uncovers the fraud.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a MONSTROUS waste of money. Seriously, all kidding aside they bring absolutely zero value. I haven’t seen mine in years and my counterpart told me the only thing his does is report numbers from the state. Could you please explain to me how that is worth almost $300,000 a year? Is Todd Nichols an idiot? Oh yes, he is. The amazing thing is the stockholders and board allow this frivolous Position to continue. I guess they don’t care about the investors if they are willing to let several million dollars go to waste every year. What a shame.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The Company really seems to be big on sending out surveys for everything nowadays. If they truly cared about what was happening in the field, they would send out a survey to see exactly how kams are perceived and if they truly bring any value at all. Obviously they don’t want to know the real answer, otherwise the position would be eliminated ASAP.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Quick question. Relatively new to the company. What exactly is the role of a kam? Do I need to bring them in on things after I’ve already set them up or do they initiate their own projects?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My experience is as follows:

1.TBM works territory trying to grow business.
    2. Busts his/her butt and gets things rolling.
    3.kam finds out something is about to pop so they quickly try to attach their name to it.
    4. Kam acts like they actually contributed something, but they have not.
    5. Kam tells corporate that they are wonderful and responsible for all the success.
    6. Everyone in sales realizes kam is a joke and can’t understand why we continue to waste resources on this useless position.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

These KAM posts are stale. Move on.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow! 100% accurate!!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You really have a hard-on for the KAM team. You may want to look into that becuase they are not going away no matter how hard you wish they were. What's the real problem? Were you rejected for a KAM role way back when?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don’t see KAMS taking credit for my successes.

What mine do is ask for my contacts on certain projects, then ask me to contact them and set up meetings with them, then asks me to join them on their meeting. Then asks me to follow. In between are calls to check in on “progress,” meanwhile the only progress that has been made has been generated by me.

They then take credit for the result, putting on a slide all the steps along the way…the meetings, the check in calls for updates on progress, the results. I’ve yet to see a kam take initiative on a project, develop it, and turn it over to a tbm once it is producing, which is what they’re supposed to do. And I’ve worked with several KAMS.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Exactly. Always asking for a ‘warm handoff’ instead of actually taking the initiative and starting something on their own. What a joke they are.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They can take my warm hand off my cøck.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% accurate. Nichols must be afraid of GA or he would eliminate this useless position. I feel bad for the little fellow, lol.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Totally.. Nichols is SO afraid of G apostle he tip toes around everything he says. Puss.