Middle aged man carrying Olive Garden, in a suit...

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

I have experience in your industry. What your missing is that you don't have 4 other people from your company calling on your exact same customers. Your customers will also probably see you. Pharma reps have to drag in lunches for the entire office in hopes to see someone.

You don't understand how bad the industry is. I'm not insulting you, you have a real sales job, you are just naive about pharma industry.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People in pharma complain because we work hard to build up a territory and perform, and then still get let go.

Its probably the same everywhere. Its a culture of no loyalty. YET, they expect us to go out and build up the territory still, while we see others getting let go all the time, with our time next.

I guess there is no such thing as job stability, unless you can start your own business, and it seems like corporations have purposely designed it this way, so people really can't plan ahead or own property or in some cases, start a family with confidence. At least for sales jobs, it seems that way.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think you said it.. It's not just this industry, it's sales. You're only as good as last months numbers. Add in politics of buddyism, and companies who don't value their people, and then there's the lack of loyalty.

It's an assumed risk if you don't perform well you get canned, to an extent, as it should be. However the few organizations that DO "get it" also usually have an appealing corporate culture if you research. Of course, they often pay less in return..so do you want to make the money and be uncapped, or are you comfortable making that 50k less and being stable?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You young dweebs are hilarious! Us old farts are rich and according to you have no self respect? Grow up and be big boys and girls. We old farts also have self esteem and don't have such insecurity problems you all acquired watching the Bachelor and MTV reality shows.

The youngsters have pretty much ruined our industry with their unprofessional dress codes and idiocracy. All credibility lost....us old farts are smart, ethical, secure, and wealthy, so make as much fun of us as you can, because we could care less what you infants have to say...just like your customers.

5. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

Agreed.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will come back, as companies go to bigger territories and weed out the lazy people.

In other words, bimbos are not going to like the big territories and won't apply, because they are not going to have the time to do their nails during the day.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

my lunch budget went straight to my house, never needed food to get in front of Doctor

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bump.
    This is a classic topic.
    For me, when I hit 35, it hit me like a ton of bricks. That I was in, an industry that was a total joke and I was the comedian.
    Now, at 40, I have moved on, starting my own business.
    My advice to the youngsters is to get out of all debt, don't buy a home unless you are with a wonderful spouse and need a home to raise kids, and then start a business of your own.

There is no need to work corporate you entire life, as it is a terrible way to live.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True 'dat...I was a pharma lifer...Made it to 50...couldn't "hang on" any longer for fear of losing my sanity...I had had "management level" sales jobs in National Accts, Corporate Accounts etc...Ended up the last few years of my career back in big pharma, dumb office-based sales job, and it was a friggin' nightmare...

I was that middle aged man schlepping bags of Olive Garden...Between the job and industry being a joke, me feeling frustrated and emasculated, and the stress of propping up a phony job just so my boss could remain employed, got to me...

I finally quit and got out...No severance, (but I have savings) no health insurance, no pension, etc...

As scary as it was at first, life is so much better outside of pharma...the absolute worst industry in America...

glad to be out and feel normal again...

FU PHARMA INDUSTRY!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why is that you feel you have to brag about your great Job on CP? Of all places?
    You don't have anything better to do? Like go spend your $ and shut up about it?
    I never understand these cocky dweebs, why brag that you make more money?
    1 reason, you need to build yourself up. Doesn't the great job do that for you?
    Go enjoy it and quit making the industry look bad by bragging that you make a lot of money when so many patients can't even afford their meds?
    Have some decency and a little compassion for the rest of the world.