Switching OpCo's

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'll add my perspective. I left ethicon about a year ago but was there a while and I knew all the reps in my accounts including the Ortho spine reps. Ortho spine reps have always thought they are better and the reason is because they feel like they are actually doing something of value and are needed. In a few ways they are but its not because they are telling a doc what to do. If that was the case then why are many many cases all over the country done without a rep. They are of value more to the hospital because they consign the product. It's a win win for everyone. Imagine all of a sudden that your product is stocked like ethicon. I promise you your importance would go to almost nothing. I was still there long enough to work with the Depuy synthese reps. They were great guys and I was in many of their cases to get some quick sales. But man, if you think that's sales I'm telling you that's cake compared to other med sales jobs. That's a defend/relationship sale.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The products are consigned to the companies and of the Distributor, NOT the hospital. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt, not knowing what the actual Ortho reps does.

So if an implant is wasted or incorrectly used it is NOT the hospitals' responsibility.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'd say you have no clue what you're talking about. Keep your mouth shut and thank your lucky stars that you're paid anything at all to restock suture carts.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Suture reps have not existed in probably 15 years maybe more. You have no clue what Ethicon represents. We are routinely in cases that use 2k worth of disposables per case and there may be 5 cases that day by the same doc. 10k worth of sales a day for just 1 surgeon is common in every terriorty. We sell biologics that cost upwards of 15k for 1 piece of tissue. Some reps manage territories that approach 8 million annually per year. If you go to any large hospital in any town USA, I can assure you that yheu are using tons of ethicon products in every OR. Ethicon is pervasive every where you look, not just in one hallway of the hospital.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We represent inefficiency and cluelessness

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea, what a "sales" job (by the corporate accounts director) ha!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't be mad about it. You guys have it made cause u don't have to sell. I'm just saying Ethicon is tough cause it's a true sales job.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If your job is "tough", and yet you get paid like a surgical tech, and the Ortho reps "have it made", and yet get paid more than double and triple your "tough" job, then what does that make you?

See if you can solve the riddle chief.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call bullshit! THERE ARE ZERO SYNTHES REPS THAT MAKE 350k!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree. there are probably 1 or 2 that make 300 and their the best of the best

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Synthes trauma reps love to cry.When it is all said and done, it is a great job that requires minimum selling and is more of a glorified baby sitter and equipment expoditor than anything else

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No thanks, "chief"

You must be a hardware rep. Carrying those sets around with your head up the ass of your 2 docs because your whole life and families life depend on that guy liking you. Go get a real sales job d bag

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What do you mean "love to cry"? Are there really none of them making 300k? It seems like a better gig than ours. I have 2 of them that overlap my territory and their both good guys. Both seem like they are doing more than ok money wise.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Suture reps existed until the end of 2012. Since that time Ethicon has lost huge suture market share and profit. The Endo reps don't understand the suture market, have no time to manage it, and aren't motivated by compensation to grow or maintain it.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is only partially correct..the only suture share/profit Ethicon has lost has been to knotless suture, due to a terrible contract that was negotiated with angiotech allowing quill to drop their price as soon as the ink was dry. Ethicon has taken a ridiculous amount of time getting even close to a full portfolio of knotless options, specifically for lap or robotic use, further allowing vloc to take share.
    None of this had anything to do with the rep model or knowledge. This has solely been the fault of the organization.
    Ethicon has not lost market share on regular suture.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Listen to yourselves. You pussies are arguing about suture! What a sad sad day.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You do realize suture is the product that keeps the lights on for JNJ medical devices sector right? That includes ortho...

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahahahahaha! Always appreciate a good laugh. Buncha cucksters.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess someone hasn't read the JNJ earnings report...
    Might want to do that before you make yourself sound foolish my friend..