Switching OpCo's

Discussion in 'Ethicon Device' started by anonymous, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:24 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

JnJ cares about 2 things: Firstly, profit, and secondly, margins. Why do you think they spun off Cordis? The margins dictate the profit, and the profit dictates the importance of the franchise and product. How do you think margins are on suture? C'mon, use that pea-sized noggin of yours to figure it out. "Someone didn't read the earnings report"? Friggin idiot. Suture doesn't drive anything. It's a protect product that drives contracting. Get a clue and go back to your 60k cafeteria job.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Umm are you seriously saying that suture doesn't have a ridiculously high margin??? It costs pennies..literally pennies to make a single suture, and yet there are sutures that are $125-150 EACH. You want to show me another product other than interceed that has margins that high? And you're calling someone else an idiot???

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have some unfortunate news for all of you: JnJ doesn't care about any of us. Sifting through cafepharma debating the potential margins and merits of suture. Good luck with your career. If you think you make a difference by being the person that a hospital calls when they want their suture restocked, then you'll need every last drop of that luck.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is true. Our suture has HUGE profit margins, and despite being significantly more expensive than the competition, maintains around a 85%-90% market share. Combining Suture contracts with Endo/Energy is probably the only thing that has kept Ethicon Endo alive over the last 10 years.

Suture may not be cool and sexy or need a rep in a case, but it is a very important product for us. It is the only product I've have seen cripple an OR when they try to convert away.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Umm" you don't know what the F you're talking about. You shouldn't run your mouth when you know nothing outside of your suture world. Go google "pedicle screw". That's what I sell boss. Costs about $0.18 to make and we sell them for ~$1200.

But yea, keep pushing your ethibond.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Talk about knowing nothing outside of your world. There more sutures used in the ED in a month than pedicle screws in the OR in two years.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's not about volume you retarded suture boy. It's about MARGINS per product. M-A-R-G-I-N-S

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No wonder all you can sell are screws..this post shows you are absolutely clueless about business and finance..
    I'll make it easy for you..

If you sell 10 screws with a $1200 margin you have made $12,000

If you sell 500 strands of suture with a $125 margin, you have made $62,500...

Considering the fact that there are more sutures used in one day in an OR than there are screws sold in a month, it isn't even a comparison..

If you can't understand that, then please make sure you never leave your job selling screws..

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And just for the record, I don't sell suture..
    I just know the business

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yea sure you do. Let me be clear so as to not be accused of passive aggressiveness: You are a fucking pussy who sells tampon strings.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ROASTED

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny how people respond when they are exposed by facts haha.
    This is how you know someone has realized they've been proven wrong!
    Oh well, what do expect from someone who sells screws lol
    At least you can get a job at Home Depot if this doesn't work out!
    Cheers! And thanks for playing!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Cheers" has got to be the gayest phrase in existence

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why do you use 25 exclamation points? Are you queer? You sell braided tampon strings. I wouldn't be puffing out my chest if I were you cupcake. Take your tampon string earnings from 2014 and add them to your earnings of 2015. Then multiply by 2. That's what I make annually. Things are working out great for me champ. Good luck cleaning toilets though.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You sound real cool! Are you a hardware rep? What kind of scrubs do you wear

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OP, ignore all of the nonsense here. Unfortunately I would say there is little chance of any of us being approved for a move to the ortho side of the business. If you want to go ortho, you'd probably have a better shot by leaving the JnJ family. You'd probably have a slightly better shot at Biosense because there is precedent there.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is accurate. If you're succession planned for promotion, you may have a shot at moving to DePuy Synthes, but to make a lateral move from rep to rep....almost no chance. Be careful expressing your desire to want to do that as well as that could be perceived as sending the wrong message

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

what inflated self-worth both of you dolts have in the big scheme of things in your "career"...

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We're all in careers you moron. If you don't view what you do as your career, then you can bet you'll get found out and fired soon enough.