They’re verifying our Veeva calls

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by anonymous, Mar 23, 2023 at 8:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Nailed it completely!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s about time, Dougie! Losers

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The micromanagement has spilled into oncology now, which is just pathetic. Whoever said this is every company’s experience is wrong. There are plenty of companies that don’t micromanage like this especially in specialty sales. The problem is that Novartis has such a bad reputation that it doesn’t attract intelligent talented employees at any level. I can’t believe how stupid, and gutless and conditioned everyone is in my district. There is no light at the end, because the leaders lie to everyone including themselves. This fish sticks from the head.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Said the jackass that never had to sit in traffic for 2 hrs to go 30 miles and then drive around for another 40 min to find parking.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So true! People are clueless

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

truth

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why cry about it. Just put in the calls to give them what they want. its not that hard people! Obviously I wouldn't put in calls on a Dr. that has died or is out of the country. But if you stop in an account even if no see and 5 Dr.'s are there I put in 5 calls. Everytime.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And then when a new manager comes in and wants to go see that account with you and it’s a no see office they will ask how you are able to see them. Same thing happened in oncology and people lost their jobs. It’s just not worth it in my opinion. Rather have less calls and let them try and put me on a plan for it rather than fake calls and get caught

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bud you must be a newbie. If you don't have calls on top targets you get put on a list. Then they will fire you for being ineffective. Put fake calls in they fire you for that. This is a no win game and that's how they like it.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That way they can distract us from focusing on actual sales, because we would want data if we focused on sales.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

it’s a no-win proposition, no matter how you look at it. This place is a microcosm of an industry that is long past its prime, and refuses to acknowledge and adjust to the new market dynamics and environment. Way too many people in upper management who are on the take. They could care less about any of the low peons that are out there every day pounding the pavement. These companies have always been structured so the top dogs make all the money. Ponzi scheme if I’ve ever seen one.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pharma forces reps to LIE! Period! Every territory is different. We are all held to same standards despite ( not that it is right). If the company is actually micro managing every call you make, then get the hell out. There are plenty of jobs in pharma where they do NOT do that. So much for trust. So much for those who are doing the tracking forgetting what it was like in the field. Good Lord!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Company has to justify our cushy jobs! We are overpaid and have more perks than most. Play the game people, play the game! Anyone who has been a rep for more than a year knows the deal! I know so many reps who are in top 10% and they do not leave the house until 11 am! They arrive back home about 3:30. Do what yoiu have to do people! Pathetic that a company cares what 'time' you leave and what 'time' you get back home. If you are seeing the right people, and making the company money, and doing well... that makes ZERO difference. Everyone knows this!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Higher ups have to drink a serum that makes them forget being in the field, and the reality of it. Who are these people that sit in little cubes and monitor us and decide how many calls we should make a day?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

11:00 to 3:30? That would make them workaholics. Especially now.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Was also told that first 2 calls and last 2 calls of the day should be sample/signature calls. In the field 8-5, making 8-10 calls a day. If you need to stay home for any reason and get behind on calls for the week, find a way to make up for that loss, i.e. make double the calls the next time you're in the field. Manager said "they" are looking at all this and there will be many reps who won't be able to hack it with these metrics, but get used to it cuz this is the new normal.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So done with the primary care business mentality. So if a doc doesn’t need samples let’s leave them anyway, piss off the docs and waste money. Asshole leaders who are so out of touch with what the customers want. Makes me think that those people who are “watching” the field probably didn’t work much when they were reps so they fear we are all doing the same. Let my manager dare to tell me I have to sample first and last calls. Our samples are capped per provider in my division and we co promote with another company so the sample cap can happen early on. Dummies

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It is clear the leadership is clueless about how a specialty office works. Most days HCPs not in the clinic until at least 9:00 because they are rounding or have cases. Same for the late afternoon… not many in clinic and are usually running behind not the best time to engage these HCPs. They and their nurses are trying to get things wrapped up and finish patients. So much for putting the customer first and meeting them where they are. These new metrics are absolutely ridiculous.

If Novartis wants “specialty” sales forces then they need to start treating these reps like the seasoned professionals that we are. Give us accurate call lists or allow us to tweak them for docs that have moved away, retired, etc. and reduce the number of calls on HCPs that rarely see reps. Why are we wasting time trying to chase down metrics when we could be in front of people that matter and will change our business. Give us this accurate call list and then hold us to those metrics- and calls per day if that’s still super important to them.

If they want a true accounting of exactly how we spend our day then they need to allow “calls” to be with office staff and count them. When we spend 2 hours with an MA on buy & bill processes then allow us to enter that time. What about drive time… no way to account for that. They sit in their ivory tower and have completely forgotten what it was like to be in the field. And so much has changed since ANY of the leaders from RD up have sold in the field. Time to adjust to current marketplace. If that means less reps then downsize for that reason… not because reps can’t meet unrealistic metric goals.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

More than half of my offices don’t even take samples anymore! How am I supposed to have a sample call first and last part of the day on offices that don’t take them. It’s absurd

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your point about M.A.'s and R.N.'s is probably the most relevant thing I've seen on this website. Sadly these moronic knuckle-draggers have no idea how account-based selling and B&B work. They never will.