Thoughts on Ready Now program

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Mar 14, 2018 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What value do you provide?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You have seen my post and opted not to respond...most likely because you couldn't answer the question. To be honest, I couldn't either.

But that is not your fault. None of us bring value, myself included. The last time we brought value to the office was when we distributed the DSM-V. But that was years ago. Since then we had absolutely nothing of value. Physicians see us as resource when we bring information to them they have not heard before AND the information helps them practice better medicine.That hasn't been the case for years with this company.
    Anything else is just promotion. All of us have become selfserving talking heads, myself included.

So when you sit down with a physician during a lunch, here is what is happening: After 30 seconds, his mind is somewhere else, because anything you want to talk about he has already heard from your colleagues at least 50 times. So in essence you bring rehash.

Here are anyone of the things he is thinking about after those first 30 seconds, not in any particular order. He will not think of all of them, just anyone of them. Guaranteed. Your drug is not on that list.

1.) His investments
    2.) Trump and the Democrats
    3.) His next patient
    4.) Wether you are a screamer or a moaner
    5.) The last time you got laid
    6.) What position you like most

In the meantime he gobbles down the pizza and pop you brought, and is wondering how quickly he can get out of that conversation...

And that, sweetie pie, was the value that you brought to the office...

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Couldn't be said any truer. It's like this w/ every company at this point. Pointless career but a great pay check, milk it until you can't.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I didn't reply right away because I have other/better things to do than troll Cafepharma. The value I bring is to educate and provide safety information. I bring samples to help them transition patients on to our therapy.

You appear jaded and burned out. I understand this is a well paying position, especially for someone who may have been doing this for 10-20 years or more. The difference is after a certain number of years, the experience reaches a point of diminishing return whereas your ability to generate sales does not outweigh your overhead of the territory as much. If you are no better or don't work any harder now than you did 10 years ago and you are making $30,000 more, are you selling more product?

It's easy to say it's time to get out or how can you look in the mirror, but I may be in your shoes in a few years and may reach a point when I'm just going through the motions until retirement myself. I don't think companies like ours will need as many of us in the coming decades, especially how they operate on the Red team with two reps making one sales call and each counting it as a high-potential provider detail.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Boy do you have a high opinion of yourself. Safety information that was delivered 100X before..what changed? Samples that sit in a closet for months. Read the above post again maybe you will comprehend it the second or third time.

Finally, shouldn't you be out in the field "educating" your MDs on old safety information instead of trolling CP in the am work hours?

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What education do you provide that hasn't been provided a 100 times before your visits to that physician???

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This person is a moron. He's ragging on having experience. Let's put him in a plane w/ a novice pilot send him flying into a thunder storm. There are reason why experience is paid more moron it's not diminishing you are always learning and getting better.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually, it’s a “she”... but she can’t answer my question on what “education” she provides to physicians...she claims to bring value to the office by providing samples....as you can see big pharma has come a long way...

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A salacious lie. The fact that you posted this 4 times proves that you have a personal beef

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has it ever occurred to you that this may have happened by mistake or due to technical difficulties?? Seems to me that you have not eaten your intelligence with a snow shovel!!! Borat would be proud of you!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

since you have not gotten back to us, I am assuming that you bring ABSOLUTELY NO "education" to your doctors. You are a walking billboard... sorry to say so...

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe it’s just me, but you all sound threatened by the readynow reps. Do your job and we will all be fine. If you’ve been an AM for seven years or more with no promotion that’s probably why the company is bringing in younger talent and investing in the future, retire quietly thanks.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hahaha, threatened by you? Really? Because of the "value" you bring???

You better come down to earth before your huge ego gets the better part of you!!

I am quite confident in my abilities, but thank you for your comment, bagel girl...

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You got it. Thank you for your services. Your time is up.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Whatever you say, now go ahead and write your fake call notes!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I don't know which dried up rep wrote this horse shit.

I hope you're proud of yourself. This rep is not supported by her father, he passed away several years ago. Just because you're old and she's more attractive, puts up better numbers and has her best years in front of her doesn't give you the right to criticize her.

Plus you get paid 30k-40k more than her. Maybe you can use that money for more botox and lipo. Maybe then you'll get better access.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys are so dirty and so low. Seriously? Hiding behind the anonymity of your Otsuka computer screens to cyberbully someone you know nothing about. I hope you guys don’t have kids. Better yet, I hope you show your kids what an asshole you are when they come home from school crying about the same shit that you do to people. As a “tenured rep” - as though you’re some polished elite professional. Please.

Regardless of age, tenure, salary, whatever other arbitrary bullshit you guys think matters or differentiates you: we are all just people doing the same job. Seriously that’s it. You are no better or worse than anyone on here. Nor are you any more or less valuable as a human being. Life is short, so try and be kind to people and focus on the things that actually matter.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are right, we are all just people, doing the same job. If her performance is great, ok, kudos to her. But to pretend you bring "value" in the absence of any new scientific data, or ANYTHING that will help the doctor practice better medicine is a joke!! Sorry. I do not claim to be better than her in any way, shape or form, but let's be honest here, at the present time we are just walking billboards, myself included!!!

I very politely asked her what "value" she brings to the office...no answer.

Why???

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old person-

it appears you are hung up on ‘value’ brought to sales calls. If you question the Ready Now rep because you, yourself does not bring value and cannot see how others can, then you are exactly the type of rep that needs to go. Go on, Coffee Boy, pack up your things. Don’t forget to turn in your sales materials you never use because you rely on your corny ‘90’s ‘charm’. You are not respected, offices make fun of you. You are barely hanging on. You offer nothing. Now if someone else younger and less costly can come in and do at least as well as your tired ass can do, then you need to retire or find a new place to loaf.
    And get a life instead of hanging out on CP all day.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

“Sales materials???” You mean the glossy vis-aid that we had for years, that has been altered a few times, so it appears new? Or are you talking about materials we can leave behind, but can’t talk about?

Offices don’t make fun of me, because they never see me...who wants to wear out his or her welcome with the crap we had for years!! Not me! And by the way, I don’t schlepp coffee in offices either. I have a partner that does that, and the Lundbeck rep is good at that too. That’ s enough. I’ve lost my catering license years ago.

I did not bring up value, she did! And I am asking what value she is bringing. So far I have not heard anything, neither from her nor from you. So, enlighten me, make me look stupid, by talking about studies “sales materials” or new indications we don’t have...

Oh, I forgot, the upcoming failed studies for the BP indication for Rexulti...yeah sure...

If you can’t answer the question about what you bring to the office then you are just as good or as bad as I am!!

Anyone can have a good quarter, I have seen it often in territories that were open, so what does that tell you? Also, how do you know for sure what scripts are generated by her vs. her partner(s)? Were there formulary approvals that helped? We just don’t know!

And lastly, I am far from old. But yes, I have plenty of time to hang around Cafe Pharma...

Got to go to bed now, need to be at the gym tomorrow morning!! And then I get my nails done!!