Thoughts on Ready Now program

Discussion in 'Otsuka' started by anonymous, Mar 14, 2018 at 9:54 AM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess my first question for this moron is, "Why are you on CP?" Maybe you don't have a life.

Second, This basic DM/Pharma conversation about bringing value. If you or the industry has to have a conversation about what value you bring, do you ever bring value at all? Or, just have the fuzzy conversation about what value might look like?

If you have an Apple computer or iphone do you ask Apple what value they bring when you walk into the store to by it? No, you know it's a value that's why you went there or bought it. Cars, Mercedes/Porsche/ etc. Do you walk in and ask the sales person Hey, what value will you bring me? Chances are you seeked the mercedes/porsche out because you already know it's a value product. See value products are already understood. Conversely, MD offices are shutting down daily to the Pharma Industry because there isn't any value if there was the opposite would be happening and offices and hospitals would be open.

Let's face it, if you have to have a conversation about value you are already a loser. The Industry as a whole in 2020 is a shell game of meaningless conversations to make Reps/Managers and Rms feel good that their daily activities are actually providing a service of sales healthcare but in actuality in 2020 it's just a egregious attempt to satisfy a lethargic career.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

THANK YOU, case closed!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think we all realize that none of us bring an ounce of value to offices anymore. This company has been a total joke for years. They don’t help us one damn bit to sell, and actually hurt us (Abilify samples they send out) anytime they can. They think we show them the same miserable vis aid every time we are in an office and talk about some stupid patient profile for the millionth time! No, there is no value in what we do. We all do it for the money and nothing else. Screw helping the patient BS!

It’s a pathetic company with no future.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That has been exactly my point!!! Thank you!!

And to add to the problem...just think about what our pathetic "leaders" and executives at the home office earn every day for being arrogant, incompetent, lazy, and pathetic while admiring themselves...

They don't even see anything wrong with this picture...

Let's face it, Rexulti is NOTHING SPECIAL!! There are cheaper options out there that are just as good!
    Mediocre efficacy, lots of weight gain and increases in glucose levels just to name a few of the more common side effects.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

wow glad you're not my partner

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now that the dispute is settled, we all agree our job is not bringing value or changing minds or helping patients. So now you understand why the company leans toward Ready Now. You made the company’s case for them. Now please retire and find some meaning in your empty life. You’re lucky be be earning a paycheck.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Copy that, leave the company already bitter Blue. Some of us embrace teaching young individuals the industry. Somebody must have dropped you on your head when you obviously knew it all at 23! My Ready Now Rep was a pleasure to work with.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You are preaching to the choir. Since I barely work, I am doing the things I enjoy and need to do during working hours. In other words, I have a meaningful life, while collecting a paycheck.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is there to teach? How to correctly pick up a Starbucks order? How to order Boston Market? How to sit in your car for 20 minutes at a No See office? There is nothing to teach!! The Industry has changed 180' degrees from 20-25 years ago.

And I can tell you this also, those "young ones" you think your training, they are laughing at you because they all think they are better than any experienced rep as soon as they leave college and they have no experience at all. They are COO-COO little entitled brats. They only experience they have is sitting in a Starbucks all dressed up playing let's have a meeting that's what they think Pharma is all about because that's what it has become.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Some of us embrace teaching young individuals the industry"...HAHAHAH, that was soooo funny.
    And even funnier is the fact that you are proud of it!!! Any monkey can do this job, just give him a credit card, a few bananas, and company card.

All that is left for him to do is learning one sentence: "When you make the sandwiches, please hold the onions!"

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ready Now. aka paid intern that travels the country filling in for open territories in "hopes" to grab one. Other companies have had positions like this too. Maybe the assignment was 2-6 months but you lived out of a hotel and expenses were paid. I guess if you are young and desperate and don't care where your future life will end up this could be a good thing. First thing is you don't get a say so in where you will be headed, be a good little sheep and head to BFE maybe you can be a Pharma Rep someday. However I would think it would get boring and de-motivational pretty quick taking orders from the local reps and being kicked around by different DMs on each assignment in a location you may hate.

Let's face it folks the Pharm Rep job in 2020 is nothing more than a customer service job and that's all it should be paid and expected. These companies could make life easier for all and define the job as a CSR and everyone including the offices would be much happier. Instead Management is completely delusional in the role of what a pharma rep is able to accomplish in 2020. Listening to the DM/RM talk about passion, providing for patient and listening to MD needs are lip service for them trying to buy 1 more year of employment too.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I guess my initial response is thank goodness this job exists for people like you because I honestly doubt you are equipped to compete and achieve in any serious or meaningful arena. Assess yourself: what skills do you possess? If this position and industry you loath do much but accept (I won’t use the word “earn”) a paycheck was taken away, what could you do? You are bitter, you lack ambition, and are soft. At least Ready Now reps are hungry and willing to move anywhere and compete for a job. How did you even get hired?

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In defense of the person posting #52: There is nothing in his/her post that could possibly create the impression that this individual is "bitter", "lacking ambition" or "soft". It is amazing to me, how in the absence of more information you come to that conclusion! He/she was simply describing the current state of the industry. And he/she is spot on!!!

And btw: What skills do you possess that make you stand out from the rest of us?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now you have it! Yes they work against us with all the Abilify samples they drop ship! Rexulti is a joke, and no better than any other atypical! Look at our stupid, unchanging vis aid! What a crock!! I honest to God think that they think we go in and say, “ Doctor, let’s talk about what a Rexulti patient looks like”, on every call! Then we see the Abilify samples on their desk! No, we bring nothing of value and never will. We are all just biding our time to the next lay-off.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would assume that the Ready Now reps are the weak and soft ones. Anyone who dosen't have the confidence or the ability to land a job in the city they desire must interview fairly poor. Why would anyone put there fate and confidence w/ any company on a wish and a half promise? You see how poorly this industry is currently run w/ fake numbers, managers on power trips and the threat of constant lay-offs. Why would some one take the leap of faith into pharma? With the exception of the folks that have been in this industry for years I would personally persuade new college grads to pick any other industry except Pharma. Pharma is not healthcare, it's not even helping patients at this point w/ all the no see offices and just feeding staff I can confidently say that this industry is literally a waste of a good college education. They will tell you it's a good training / stepping stone for you. It's not, it's not even SALES and future companies will tell you that. In addition, it is a blemish on a resume at this point, those new hires are actually hurting themselves by having pharma on their resume. No non-pharma company in the future wants to touch a Pharma Rep because of the stigma associated w/ the job. And finally, it is surely NOT a stepping stone to medical sales where you have to get up at 4am and be at the surgery center at 5am and actually have to work.

So new college grads thinking of Pharma or this Ready Now let me help you out. Pharma is a good easy paycheck for sure but here comes the reality. Let's say they pay you $80,000 to start and you work for 3 years and get laid off. Now it takes you 2 years to get a new pharma position. How much did you make a year? If you say $48,000 you would be correct. (no benefits either when not working) This scenario plays out all the time and if you don't believe it start asking around. A lot of these company managers just hire old friends and collegues so if you are not wired in you will not get in. This company was an old Pfizer hub, one or two managers got in and brought several others over, so if you worked for anyone but Pfizer you didn't get a job here because all the managers didn't hire the "best" rep they hired their "friends", this happens all day long at these companies. Pick a stable, respected industry at say $60,000 to start and build something nice w/ one company and industry that is respected and admired this Industry is full of Reps that have skipped around from one company to the other w/ periods on no work.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excellent post!!! Let me take it one step further: Become an RN, then a PSYCH ARNP and you can really help patients!!! There is a shortage of these providers nationwide. All of them are paid better than reps, have more job satisfaction and a PURPOSE, which is totally lacking at Otsuka...oh, I forgot, the purpose here is to grab as much money as you can by charging over $1200 a month for cough medicine!!!

How on earth can you possibly be happy here?

Sorry, but I have lost all respect for our managers and directors!!! Most of them have huge egos and they need to feel daily that they are important!!

I also know that these posts are read by managers and directors, as well as home office....the silence is deafening!!!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

RN here. We are golden handcuffed just like u my friend. Why leave? Things are great here while they are great. Kind of hard to leave what we make here for a "respectable" job making 60k. Remember- many of us never even had a company car before- a luxury that tenured reps may take for granted!

How can you argue we lack confidence or strength? If we are here clearly this was the best option available to us. We also had to go through 7 interviews in one day, just for the record!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Read the post again. I'm not talking about tenured reps Im talking about new to Industry.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Here is a perfect example of the debauchery in this industry. 7 INTERVIEWS for an RN! This company should have been elated to have an RN even apply in 2020. Instead they do at least 3 unneeded interviews probably by some RM/DMs that barely has a 5th grade education to see if this RN is a "good fit" or "see if they can rattle" this person who easily has more healthcare education than the 3 extra interviewers put together.

7 interviews tells me that you have at minimum 3 Managers that had to insert their ego into the process to an actual Medical Professional w/ an RN title. Conversely when one of their friends show up it's just fill this application out and you have a job.

Newbies, take notice if they are putting you though more than 2-3 interviews it's all BS by a bunch of A-holes trying to stroke their own egos. This isn't rocket science here, it's not even sales so anything more than 1.) Tell me about yourself. 2.) Tell me about something that put you through adversity once in your life and how did you handle it. 3.) How do you handle a disagreement w/ someone you work with. Anything more than these questions it's all a sham. And it's definetly a sham if they start interrupting you while you are speaking. These Managers are a bunch of babies that try to relive the ole' Pharm days but those days are long long gone.