Well, another thread gone

Discussion in 'Cafepharma Playground' started by Drug Dumper, Aug 25, 2012 at 3:22 PM.

1. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

GG, I have stayed out of this discussion because it is just to 'heavy' for my
    already short circuited mind. I happen to be a strong believer in the Lord and all he has created. My path has not always been streight however. In the 60's
    I got very heavily into Kahlil Gibran and read everything about him and his philosophy or exactly the things you wrote about here. I become a devotee for years while still believing in my Greek Orthodox Faith kind of intermingling the two beliefs. I eventually completely embraced my faith and it is unshakable. Gibran still plays a role in my life because he writes about good things like all of us being gods, (with a small g) and serving the one God. He writes about the recycling of souls that wait for eternity to be reborn. Cool stuff that warants study. His most famous books are 'The Prophet' and 'Earth Gods' among many others. But that was the 60's sweetheart, we were all looking for either a good book with all the answers or the ultimate acid.
    My grass of choice was Panama Blond but the Cambodian Red was some good shit too. Believe what you want...I know you lead a good Christian life regardless whether you consider yourself as such.

2. jasmin

jasmin Guest

I think what I like about arguing is that I like to believe I am right :):) but really enjoy understanding how people come to their conclusions and positions they hold. I don't feel I have to agree with someone to accept their argument has merit!

3. Vagitarian

Vagitarian Well-Known Member

Agree 100% and generally (keyword generally - LOL!) I feel I get a sense for how you come to your conclusions - which may not make me agree wholeheartedly (or even half heartedly sometimes - again LOL!) but at least I get a sense that you're a thinking person, somewhat open to debate (let's replace argue with debate) and the elucidations of your positions give me an expanded perspective (as in I'm not the only opinion on earth). I wish others had the same openness that you have. Without it, we get nowhere.

4. hypnotistcollector

Great answer GG. I feel exactly the same about the soul/spirit/energy/universe and that souls do recycle until they do the work, get it right and then white light. Karma.

Yes, I have seen that for myself as well, therefore the golden rule.
    An argument can be a great exchange or be mean spirited and closed-minded. I prefer the former. I would never try to shove my opinion down anyone’s throat as so many here do. What does it matter what belief system one has as long as you are a good person.

5. Vagitarian

By saying you've never make a post that was mean spirited do you mean you've never posted your fantasy that I publicly degrade my woman?

Just answer, don't make me replicate it. I'm curious. :cool:

6. hypnotistcollector

Oh, Vag. I can't help but really love you. You've removed so many of your posts. Really, I and many have read many things you've said about your GF, lately, not so much...LOL! I think you have a reputation to uphold..., LOL!

Nothing meant to be mean spirited, only showing back to you what you showed us...I really don't care. You are who you are, we all know that.

7. #307 Man For All Seasons, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM
    Yet again you make wild, unfounded assumptions and completely misunderstand the net concept which is still in my favor.

From conception it is a unique human life. None of those things can be argued with on a rational scientific basis, hence you, DD, SPN and GG are left in the unenviable position of trying to justify the taking of an innocent human life.

And here's a hint for you. It is patently immoral and unAmerican to exti guish someone's life for what they might do but haven't done yet. Ditto for the possibility that they might have a difficult up ringing and a hard life.

All of you are old enough and should be wise enough to know that life doesnt come with gaurantees for anyone. To suggest that this is moral justification for ending innocent human life is morally bankrupt.

If you don't have life, you've got nothing in terms of this world. End of story. Threw that in just for you, Vag. Oh and the fact that it's an unarguable truth.

With life there is possibility and the chance of realization of potential. If ther is a God who is remotely interested in the affairs of men, I don't see how He would approve of arbitrarily ending a unique and in ocent human life regardless Of how early the stage of development
    Or temporary dependence on th mother.

9 months for the mother can't begin to compare to a potential 9 decades for the child.

Another couple of thoughts in closing. GGs comments on the DD homes seems to echo the Nazi campaign of extinguishing "life that is not worth living". As you may recall that is the cover under which they started only to proceed to homosexuals, gypsies and then ultimately the Final Solution.

Something else to consider in terms of the dangers of the slippery slope is that there is a so-called ethicist at Princeton named Senger (sp?) who actually argues that not only is abortion is acceptable it it is acceptable to kill infants and toddlers. Let that sink in for a moment. You may think that acceptance of early term abortion would never lead to that, but you can't really know that you can only hope or Think that.

Human life demands that we err on the side of caution
    And provide it the utmost respect, even if that life presents temporary problems for the mother.

8. Vagitarian

'Temporary problems for the mother?'

Good grief, if that wasn't such an insensitive, naive remark it might be fuinny.

9. No, it's just you in your typical inability to grasp an obvious truth.

The woman can give up the child for adoption, remember?

I'll give you the math again. 9 months pales in comparison to 9 decades.

End of story!!!!!!!

10. Vagitarian

The majority of the posters, the majority of the country and the law know the truth. The bad seed isn't a child yet so abort the 'thing' and do us all a favor. That's the way the story ends these days and that's the way it's gonna stay. :cool:

11. Vagitarian

Hey Phoebe, what's your position on this? Should a woman impregnated by forcible rape be allowed to have an abortion?

12. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

Thank you for that trip down memory lane DW. Those were the best days,
    especially in Bay Ridge Brooklyn. Thats all I remember.

13. leonidas

leonidas Active Member

As far as forcible impregnation goes, no one has the right to interfere with a
    womans decision to abort or raise and then have a daily reminder of her trauma. Up to six weeks to decide though.

14. Vagitarian

Good for you. And if the pill doesn't (nothng is foolproof) work?

15. Vagitarian

A+

16. Drug Dumper

Drug Dumper Well-Known Member

If y'all will look back at my post toward the beginning, I specifically stated I would take the morning after pill as soon as I would get to the hospital (actually, I stated if I could take it BEFORE I go to the hospital that would be great). This way, there is no "innocent" child to kill.

17. Vagitarian

Are you saying then the only course you would allow is the morning after pill?

No suction cup for the bad seed?

How about RU 486?

18. Vagitarian

Well I love ya anyway Feebs. Yes. the morning after pill should be taken inmmediately but if for some reason it doesn't work or isn't taken, , I guess where we disagree is that I do not believe the spawn from a rapist is a precious life. I say delete.

19. Vagitarian

How can it be an 'innocent child'? I thought we're all 'born into sin'. That isn't innocent. :cool:

20. libluvsbukkake

libluvsbukkake Well-Known Member

I have to admit, that is a VERY good question. If we all have Original Sin, some must have it more than others. Therefore, their life is immediately worth less, especially if they come from human debris. I would love to see a Priest handle that one.