What’s your PG and how much do you make?

Discussion in 'Johnson & Johnson' started by anonymous, Feb 9, 2023 at 9:35 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sounds like you are being underpaid.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Commercial Pharm - PG 31 - 9 Years - $190K Base - NJ/PA

Agree with some of the previous comments saying people are misrepresenting themselves and inflating their comp - not helpful

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any layoffs planned in Pharma? How is CAR-T doing

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with most of these posts related to higher salaries in PG 30 and 26 are correct! Some of you are being underpaid. Please accept the facts graciously.

The ranges for PG 26/30/31/40 overlap. Based on job experience and management need at time of hiring salaries are offered. ALWAYS REMEMBER TO NEGOTIATE YOUR SALARY WHEN YOU FIRST JOIN.

First we have to appreciate folks who are posting here in good faith and no one wants to inflate their salary, it is not going to help them or others.

Accepting information on this forum is up to you. If you have a doubt then please check with HR or your manager.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Several PG 26 I know for a fact make a base of 150K+

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

pharma?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you are in MedTech and had an 81% multiplier, you better be bidding on Pharma or Kenvue positions, if only to test the waters.

This will be a slippery slope. Expect 61% next year, 41% the next year, 21% the next year, then 1%. McEvoy is the new Frank Shirley from Christmas Vacation.

By the way, she wants you to leave voluntarily so she does not have to pay you a severance when she terminates you.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Look at what Intel just did to their employees. They cut their 401k matching in half, & eliminated bonuses & merit increases for low-level employees. I wouldn't be surprised if JNJ pulls a similar move in the next 2-3 years.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m trying to get into Pharma for a long time. I have reached out to many Pharma hiring managers for open roles. None of them have responded to me despite my background closely matching requirements for the role. My friends have have the same experience. A recruiter told me Pharma prefers talent from outside J&J over MedTech(I’m in MedTech). I sometime wonder what is the point of staying in J&J anymore if hiring managers are. closed minded and not open to hiring talent within J&J?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Janssen people are a bunch of arrogant narrow-minded dinosaurs. They think their kinds of job are the supreme type that talent outside of their organization cannot handle. Good luck to them.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not Pharma

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

this is the way

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The hard truth people is if you want more money ask for it. If they say no be prepared to leave. The money is out there.

All divisions will pay people at the high end of each PG…..you just need to be assertive to get it or be prepared to walk. If your willing to work for midpoint or below why should they pay you more?

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I call their bluff. There are no LTIs for PG 31

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think we need to call his/her/their bluff. There are no LTIs for PG31

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes there is, but it is discretionary

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

20% LTI is pretty typical for PG31

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In the majority of cases, pg 31 doesn't get LTI. But if the group director or VP authorizes it for a special person, it is possible. It is rare, but it does happen.