Interviewing for Bus Development Manager for Facial Aesthetics

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by anonymous, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Seems to me after reading this thread and all the banter, you seem to be the one to put yourself on the elitist level, differentiating yourself from the other divisions here at Allergan. Makes no difference if you are paid on number of Botox units or dollar amount. You are still a sales rep just like everyone else in this company. I can't speak for the others that have commented on here, but I wouldn't say your job is any harder. I will however agree that I have heard from multiple people your office access is fantastic and in my opinion that is the hardest part of any of these jobs. If I get face-time, I will make the sales happen. To be honest, your comments come across as very arrogant. I would say the hardest sales job in the industry would be critical care in the hospital. How about trying to get access to all the units like the ICU and CCU and deal with hospital pharmacy, administration, P&T, and other core measures.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Then why did mention that your objective was to increase "market share"? I was baiting you to prove you are not an agn facial injectable rep be we are not paid on market share so why mention it. I'm off to to a "Botox party" and to create a "look book" since that's all I do in my role. Have a great day!!!!!!
    PS: to those that think this job is no different than a prescription getter, please show up at your interview and compare your traditional pharma job daily activities to the BDM role and you'll surely get the position! I was just kidding when I said it was entirely different. Good luck!!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've got news for you. The idiot that posted that was not the OP. You should have figured that out by the extremely immature 12-year-old like response. There is no baiting. Sales are sales. It's extremely demeaning of you to try to say your position is any different. Let's throw you in a hospital and see what you can do.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was in hospital sales for a few years and was very successful. I have respect for hospital sales and pharma reps but I do not appreciate the people that have never done the facial injectable role and think they know what it is all about. How is it demeaning for me to say my role is different? Asking a doctor to spend there $$$ vs writing on a piece of paper is very different. I've done these different jobs and I know what I'm talking about! peace out!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's called BUY & BILL and many of us have experience doing that. Botox is no different. Your job is no different from many buy & bill products and in all those cases you're helping the practice build their business. I had to make a comment myself because being a Botox rep isn't anything Earth shatteringly different and how you insult the other Allergan divisions is horrible. You imply they couldn't do what you do. So insulting

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe the whiners on here.

When you're so ungrateful, no wonder you all hate your jobs!

Do any of you realize how lucky we are to be in this industry making the money we are making? None of us went to medical or law school yet are making money as if we did. I bet most of you are humanties/communication majors? I know I am, and I thank my lucky stars that I get to make 6-figures, working at my pace, at my schedule, not in front of a computer. I'm in the field selling something exciting, challenging and new; not like insurance, benefits or IT... None of my friends make near the money I do, and I KNOW I am lucky.

$80k base is awesome, especially when your bonus potential is $70k+ at plan. If you want to make more money, that's on you.

After reading this hilarious thread I can't wait for my interview in facial aesthetics. I am going to kick ass against all of these ungrateful, grumpy, ENTITLED reps. You work in pharma. Change is a part of the gig! Get used to it!

Reading this makes me proud to be a Millenial. Life isn't all about the money. This job is a cool experience, and this industry gives you true autonomy and freedom.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OH MY GOSH! Who writes this trash? Get out your boots because you are up to your knees in shit. Would love to know who the shit you are? Please get off your soapbox. You're the one that sounds so pathetic. I've got news for you, most people would never take jobs like this regardless of the pay.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have to say in all my years in the industry, the message below is the biggest hypocrital post I have ever read. Cafepharma is a forum where people vent about the industry and their jobs. Everyone with any brain the size of at least a pea would know this. I've got news for you, Allergan isn't the end-all company to work for in this industry. If this person is so happy and so grateful and feels her pay is so generous, then why are they spending time reading these threads on Cafepharma? To whoever wrote this message (I'm sure you're in management), take a long good look at yourself and the mirror. You're an idiot.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lucky to be working in facial? Clearly you must be a male regional manager or a Practice Consultant!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The sad thing is, this job actually used to be decent. It sucks now and is run by real witches to put it as lightly as I can. I don't mean to be sexist as I am a woman, but there are some real witches here. Inevitably, Pfizer will clean house and make some changes. Some people deserve and need to go.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No, it's not at all like buy and bill. I agree, most of us do have experience with buy and bill. Which is not at all the same as "buy" with no "bill". But that doesn't make me think I'm earth shattering or that I should insult other divisions, and I don't mean to imply others can't do what I do. They absolutely can. I don't think I'm a more special rep than you are or that I have magical talents, and definitely don't want to insult any other division. I don't know what those roles are like without doing them myself.

But that doesn't mean the BDM job is not different. It absolutely is different. What is wrong with saying that? Why are you so angry?

What is all the animosity about? Nobody is saying one is better than the other, but the roles are in fact different. That's just a fact. "Different" does not imply "better" and I don't see where the insult lies in calling different roles different. Why are you so mad and deadset to prove different roles are the same?

Can't we all just get along?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You could have fooled all of us with all of your superiority snipes against the other divisions. I work for this division and yes, it is indeed a form of buy and bill. It is also not dramatically different. I have worked in oncology and nephrology and could easily make the same statements about being different if I truly felt that were true. In reality, the business dynamics may be different based on the area of medicine and their practice, but you are still pushing Your products. I'm shocked you wouldn't think otherwise. Do you actually work here? Scary. No one is being hostile here, other than your over-inflated ego. Would you like someone to quote what you said about the other divisions again? The only good information out of this whole thread is that we all do know the pay unfortunately will drastically get cut. That is the Pfizer way. They will not allow such large bonuses in that division and the intention is to expand the division anyway to get more foot traffic out there.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chop, chop chop. Thats's the sound of Pfizer cleaning house.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Moron, they won't touch the aesthetic division whatsoever. If anything, they will give us a bump in these horribly low bases. This is great news for the aesthetic division and now we get everything we rightfully deserve. Our division has carried Allergan. I'm excited about Pfizer and now we are the largest pharmaceutical company in the world!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

facial is bullet proof

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So many politics within allergan. Shit show

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 things - NOTHING is bulletproof. Don’t fool yourselves Allergan Aesthetics. Also to the troll spreading trash about someone on here. Get a life. Info isn’t even relevant - haha. Not who works in that area btw - troll along loser