Significant Downsizing of Field Sales & Medical

Discussion in 'Bristol-Myers Squibb' started by anonymous, Oct 7, 2022 at 9:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure it will be a whole lot better with heme already “pausing” hiring and bloated with reps. Looking outside is likely your more promising bet.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We were sort of told the same on the MSL team. Throwing my CV in for a position in Heme. I’m not sure how this ends. Good luck to all I guess.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We were sort of told the same on the MSL team. Throwing my CV in for a position in Heme. I’m not sure how this ends. Good luck to all I guess.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please don't take this the wrong way. as I am just trying to help.

When you write things like "good luck to all", don't you think that is a bit silly?

I mean, people spend 4 or more years in school, to sharpen their job skills. People spend years or decades on honing their sales skills as well. So, how about having some direction in life and some focus on your value in the job market and as a professional.

Saying "good luck" is cheap.

Be smarter and look for opportunities outside of this toxic industry.

And yes, I spent nearly 20 years in this industry. It was a HUGE mistake because their is too much downside to it all. There are better industries that are more stable and offer more respect to their employees, instead of having to sit by the phone every year to see if you have a job or have to take the jabbadabbadoo to keep your job.

Learn more about your world, and you won't say "good luck", and leave other feeling helpless about their future as well.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Downsizing has made this job the worst job available. Your post was right on target.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks. I am just trying to help. I have seen to many people go crazy in this industry.

And if I were to do it again, I would have been a college professor. The pay is very good (its common for professors to make 125k-400k for a university job), and then you can write books or consult for more money.

Perhaps the best aspect of college teaching is that you get MORE respect in your job market as you age.

Now compare that to the corporate world of disrespect as you age and general nonsense day to day. It has gotten worse with the emails, cell phone culture we have as well.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Another issue I have is the lack of incentives in this industry.

Nothing is based on merit anymore!

Great sales people are few in this industry these days because of this. Smart reps recognize that their hard work is not rewarded in this industry, so they leave.

Worse, promotions are not based on merit but who is the best drinker with the boss or best golfer on the team.

Its disgusting and it will never end. Leave this industry to the weak sales people and those that lack work ethic.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Play the game all the while looking elsewhere. The FMA leaders really only care about saving their own behinds. Moving people from other teams saves them time, allows them not to have the difficult conversations in letting you go, and most of all saves the company money. Dont buy into the BS that they are doing this because they really care about people.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apart from this, I have also lined up numerous intro’s/interviews ASCO. Many of my TLs have connected with smaller biotechs. I think I will be OK. I would advise you to tap into your TL networks as well. It has been a nice run with BMS. It’s curtain call time.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Massive layoffs coming in the fall across all divisions

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hearing that the changes could be happening sooner and probably after the earnings call.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I was following well until your idiotic anti vaccine comment. Science rocks and conspiracy losers are a disgrace. But GOOD LUCK

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tool!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m guessing fall time

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Kristin & Carol are great advocates. The rest of the LT are pinheads.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All divisions will downsize, they are already trying to drive people away and the smart reps and MSL’s are choosing to leaving before it gets any worse.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Many reps and MSLs are redundant in oncology at this point. They should be looking. It’s the sunset years in oncology.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have a feeling it will be next week after ASCO is over. Atleast there is the opportunity to network at ASCO. Checked with others in Medical that were let go. The severance was quite good. 2-3 weeks of pay for every year. Not too bad.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s def coming. Budgets are being tracked, metrics are being looked at everywhere!